On September 7, 2023, Ontario conducted its latest draw of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), issuing Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates eligible for the Express Entry – French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream. This marked the sixth invitation round for OINP French-speaking Skilled Worker stream draw this year. Let’s delve into the details of this draw.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) stands as one of Canada’s most dynamic provincial nominee programs (PNPs), offering a diverse range of immigration pathways for individuals and families seeking to make Ontario their new home. With its robust economy, welcoming communities, and a plethora of opportunities, Ontario has become a top choice for immigrants seeking jobs from around the world.
In this recent invitation round, Ontario extended invitations to 300 French-Speaking candidates (Francophones) who had Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores ranging from 308 to 434. These candidates also possessed work experience in National Occupational Classification (NOC) categories falling under TEER Category 0, 1, 2, or 3.
Here is a summary of the key details from the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream draw on September 7, 2023:
- Number of NOIs Issued: 300
- CRS Score Range: 308-434
- Profiles Created in IRCC’s Express Entry System: Between September 7, 2022, and September 7, 2023
- Nature of Draw: General draw
The TEER categories invited in the September 7 OINP draw for Francophone candidates include:
|TEER 0||Management occupations||Advertising, marketing and public relations managers|
|TEER 1||Occupations that usually require a university degree||Financial advisors|
|TEER 2||Occupations that usually requirea college diplomaapprenticeship training of 2 or more years, orsupervisory occupations||Computer network and web technicians|
Medical laboratory technologists
|TEER 3||Occupations that usually requirea college diplomaapprenticeship training of less than 2 years, ormore than 6 months of on-the-job training||Bakers|
Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
As of the latest update, the following NOIs were issued in 2023 by Ontario under various streams of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP):
- Human Capital Priorities stream: 12,395 NOIs
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream: 1,427 NOIs
- Skilled Trades stream: 7,512 NOIs
These draws and invitations signify Ontario’s commitment to welcoming skilled and qualified immigrants to contribute to the province’s economic growth and diversity. If you are considering immigration to Ontario through the OINP, staying informed about draw results and program updates is crucial to charting your path toward Canadian permanent residency.
Key OINP Streams:
The OINP is a provincial immigration program that allows the province of Ontario to nominate individuals and families for permanent residency in Canada. It operates under agreements with the federal government of Canada and aligns with the national immigration policies and priorities.
- Human Capital Priorities Stream: This stream targets skilled workers with the right qualifications and experience. It allows Ontario to nominate candidates from the federal Express Entry system who possess the skills and expertise required to contribute to the province’s labor market and economy.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream: Designed for Francophone candidates, this stream aims to attract French-speaking skilled workers to Ontario. It enables the province to nominate candidates with French language proficiency and the necessary qualifications.
- Skilled Trades Stream: For individuals with expertise in skilled trades, this stream provides an opportunity to gain provincial nomination. It’s tailored to meet the labor market demands for skilled trades in Ontario.
- Employer Job Offer Category: This category allows Ontario employers to nominate foreign workers for permanent residency based on a job offer. It includes the Foreign Worker stream and the International Student stream.
- Business Category: The OINP offers opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors to establish or purchase a business in Ontario. This includes the Entrepreneur stream, the Corporate stream, and the Investor stream.
Applying for the OINP involves several steps, including determining your eligibility, creating an online account, submitting an application, and attending an interview if required. The process may vary depending on the specific stream or category you are applying under.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is a gateway to a promising future in Canada’s most populous and economically dynamic province. Whether you are looking for career growth, a welcoming community, or entrepreneurial opportunities, Ontario has something to offer. To embark on your journey through the OINP, it’s advisable to seek guidance from immigration experts and stay informed about program updates and eligibility criteria. With determination and the right information, you can find your pathway to Canadian permanent residency in Ontario.