In the week spanning August 12 to 18, 2023, three Canadian provinces – Ontario, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia – collectively issued a whopping 3,635 Invitations to Apply (ITAs) under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Canada’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) continues to be a beacon of hope for many aspiring immigrants. Through the PNP, provinces, and territories in Canada can nominate individuals to live in Canada based on criteria set by the province. Each province has its own streams and criteria that cater to its specific needs, ensuring that the immigrants they select will contribute positively to their communities and economies.
Ontario’s Express Entry Notifications of Interest
Ontario, one of Canada’s most populous provinces, has been active in inviting skilled workers and professionals to contribute to its diverse and growing economy. Based on the information from the official Ontario government website:
- On August 11-16, 2023, Ontario issued 2,084 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) with a CRS score range of 473-516. This draw was targeted towards the tech and health sectors.
- Following closely, on August 16, 2023, another 751 NOIs were issued with a CRS score range of 473-495, again targeting the tech and health sectors.
British Columbia’s Invitations to Apply
British Columbia (BC), known for its stunning landscapes and booming tech industry, also seeks skilled individuals from various professions. From the data on the official BC website:
- On August 15, 2023, BC issued a total of 107 invitations under the Skilled Worker and International Graduate streams, with a minimum score of 88. This draw specifically targeted the tech sector.
- Additionally, 27 invitations were issued with a score of 60, targeting childcare, specifically early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202).
- 19 invitations with a score of 60 were also issued, targeting the healthcare sector.
- Another draw targeting other priority occupations (NOCs 31103, 32104) issued fewer than 5 invitations with a score of 60.
Saskatchewan’s Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Draws
Saskatchewan held its SINP draw on August 16, 2023. A total of 642 invitations were issued to boost the province’s workforce and address labor market needs. The invitations were split between the Occupations In-Demand stream (207 invitations) and the Express Entry stream (345 invitations). The required minimum score for candidates in this draw was 60.
The past week has seen significant activity in the Provincial Nominee Program across Canada. Ontario and British Columbia have shown a keen interest in the tech and health sectors, reflecting the growing demand in these industries. Saskatchewan, on the other hand, continues its commitment to addressing labor market needs through its SINP draws.