Mississauga, a vibrant and diverse city nestled in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), offers a plethora of opportunities for individuals and families looking to call it home. As the sixth-largest city in Canada, it boasts a dynamic job market, excellent educational institutions, and a rich cultural scene. In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about short term rentals Mississauga.
Table of Contents:
- What is Short Term Rentals in Mississauga?
- What are the Types of Short Term Rentals in Mississauga?
- How Can I Find Short Term Rentals Mississauga?
- What is the Average Monthly Rent in Mississauga?
- Legal Considerations
- Tips for Finding Short Term Accommodation in Mississauga
- Frequently Asked Questions about Short Term Rentals in Mississauga
What is Short Term Rentals Mississauga?
A short-term accommodation is a rental of any residential home unit or accessory building for a short period of time. This generally includes stays of less than a month (30 days), but the maximum length can vary depending on the state and jurisdiction in which the rental is located.
In short term accommodations in Mississauga are regulated by the Short-Term Accommodation By-law. This by-law sets out the requirements for operating a short-term rental, including the need to obtain a business licence and to comply with certain rules and regulations.
The concept of short-term rentals is relatively new in Mississauga. The by-law was only passed in 2021. However, short-term rentals have become increasingly popular in recent years, as people have sought out alternative accommodation options for vacations, business trips, and other short-term stays.
If you are considering renting a short-term accommodation in Mississauga, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- The by-law: You will need to ensure that the property you are renting is in compliance with the Short-Term Accommodation By-law.
- The rental agreement: You should carefully read the rental agreement before signing it. This will ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of the rental.
- The rules and regulations: You should familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of the property. This will help you avoid any problems during your stay.
What are the Types of Short Term Rentals Mississauga?
Short-term rentals refer to accommodations that are available for rent on a temporary basis, typically for a few days to several months. They include various options such as furnished apartments, vacation homes, condominiums, and even short-term stays in hotels.
The wide array of options for short term rentals Mississauga ensures that there’s something to suit every traveler’s preferences and requirements. Whether you prioritize convenience, privacy, or a unique local experience, you’ll find the ideal short-term rental to make your stay in Mississauga memorable and comfortable.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take you through the diverse range of short-term rental options available in Mississauga, helping you make the most informed choice for your stay.
1. Vacation Homes and Condos
For those seeking a more private and spacious option, vacation homes and condos are readily available in Mississauga. These properties often come with multiple bedrooms, private bathrooms, and full kitchens. Vacation homes and condos are ideal for families or larger groups and offer the opportunity to enjoy ample living space and privacy during your stay.
Airbnb is the most popular short-term rental platform in Canada. It offers a wide variety of properties to choose from, including apartments, houses, condos, and even treehouses. The 3 most important things to consider when looking for an Airbnb rental in Mississauga are
- Budget: Set a budget before you start looking.
- Needs: Think about how many people will be staying and what amenities you need.
- Location: Consider where you want to stay in Mississauga.
3. Real Estate Agents and Agencies
Some real estate agents and agencies specialize in short term rentals Mississauga. These professionals can assist you in finding suitable properties that meet your specific requirements. They may have access to exclusive listings and can help negotiate rental terms on your behalf.
4. Student Housing and Sublets
Mississauga is home to several post-secondary institutions, and students often seek short-term housing solutions. You can explore student housing options or consider subletting a room or apartment from a local resident or student who is temporarily away to save on cost.
5. Co-Living Spaces
Co-living spaces are becoming increasingly popular among young professionals and digital nomads. In Mississauga, you can find co-living communities that offer furnished bedrooms within shared apartments or houses. These spaces promote a sense of community and often include shared common areas, making them an excellent choice for those who enjoy socializing with like-minded individuals during their stay.
The options for short term rentals Mississauga are as diverse as the city itself, offering a wide range of choices to suit various needs and preferences. When selecting your short-term rental, consider factors such as location, budget, duration of stay, and required amenities. Whether you opt for a fully furnished apartment, a vacation home, an extended stay hotel, or any other option, you’ll find that Mississauga’s short-term rental market is equipped to provide you with a comfortable and convenient temporary home during your visit.
How Can I Find Short Term Rentals Mississauga?
Short term rentals Mississauga offer a flexible and comfortable solution for travelers and individuals in need of temporary accommodation. By carefully considering your needs, budget, and preferred location, you can find the perfect short term rentals Mississauga to make your stay enjoyable and convenient. Here are some short-term rentals in Mississauga you should consider:
LooneyTooney is an exclusive online platform that provides a range of services, including short-term rental accommodations throughout Canada. In contrast to other platforms that simply list properties, LooneyTooney goes the extra mile by offering a dedicated support team to assist you.
When you use LooneyTooney, you’ll be partnered with a personal representative whose primary goal is to identify the ideal properties that align with your requirements. They will curate a selection of options for you to choose from. Moreover, they will guide you throughout the entire process, from your initial search to the moment you move in. They are readily available to address any questions or concerns you may have, whether they pertain to safety, the neighborhood, nearby schools, or colleges. If you’re seeking a hassle-free apartment hunting experience, LooneyTooney stands out as one of the finest platforms available.
Property Types: 1, 2, and 3-bedroom furnished rentals
Price: Starting from approximately $140 per night
2. City Gate Suites
City Gate Suites offers fully furnished short term rentals Mississauga. They specialize in short-term rentals and well-equipped apartments. They provide various options, including Square One short-term rentals and luxurious furnished condos.
Property Types: 1, 2, and 3-bedroom furnished rentals
Price: Starting from approximately $100 per night
DelSuites is another provider offering short-term rentals in Mississauga, ON. They have various options for those looking for temporary accommodation in the area. They also offer furnished homes across the city.
Property Types: 1-, 2-, & 3-Bedroom Furnished Condominiums, Townhouses
Price: Starting from approximately $160 per night
4. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mississauga
Holiday Inn Express & Suites is a hit among international students in Mississauga, ON. This property likely offers a convenient and comfortable stay for travelers as well as international students.
Property Types: 1-, 2-, & 3-Bedroom Furnished Condominiums, Apartments
Price: Starting from approximately $116 per night, including breakfast
5. Pathway suites
Pathway suites is a famous Short Term Rental Apartment provider in the Mississauga region. It comes with great amenities at a lower price. So international students might find this option much better than the rest.
Property Types: 1-, 2-Bedroom Furnished Condominiums, Townhouse and Penthouse
Price: Starting from approximately $87 per night
While these are some top options for short-term rentals and property management in Mississauga, it’s always a good idea to review their services and compare them to your specific needs before making a decision.
What is the Average Monthly Rent in Mississauga?
Short-term rental companies, such as Airbnb and Vrbo, often offer discounted rates for longer stays. This is because they can earn more money by renting out their properties for longer periods of time. The exact amount of the discount will vary depending on the company and the property, but you can typically expect to save 10% or more for a stay of 30 days or more.
To get a discounted rate, you will need to contact the rental company directly and ask about their long-stay discounts. They may require you to book your stay for a minimum number of days, and they may also have other restrictions, such as requiring you to pay the entire rent upfront.
Even if you don’t qualify for a long-term discount, it’s still worth asking about other discounts. Many rental companies offer discounts for students, seniors, and military personnel. They may also offer discounts for booking during the off-season or for staying during the week. By doing your research and asking about discounts, you can save a lot of money on your next short-term rental.
The average cost of a short-term rental in Mississauga varies depending on the type of unit, the location, and the time of year. However, as a general rule of thumb, you can expect to pay around.
|Type of Unit||Average Cost Per Night|
|1 bedroom apartment||$200|
|2 bedroom apartment||$240|
|3 bedroom apartment||$280|
|4 bedroom apartment||$320|
|5 bedroom apartment||$360|
|6 bedroom apartment||$400|
Legal Considerations of a Short Term Rental in Mississauga for an International Student
There are a few legal considerations for international students who want to take homes in Mississauga as short-term rentals.
Zoning: Zoning regulations are laws that control the use of land in a particular area. In Mississauga, short-term rentals are typically allowed in residential zones, but there may be restrictions on the number of days per year that a property can be rented out. You can check the zoning regulations for your area by contacting the City of Mississauga Planning Department.
Landlord-tenant laws: Landlord-tenant laws are the laws that govern the relationship between landlords and tenants. These laws vary from province to province, but they typically require landlords to provide tenants with certain information, such as the rental terms and conditions, and to follow certain procedures, such as giving tenants proper notice before entering the property. In Ontario, the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) governs the relationship between landlords and tenants.
The rights of a tenant in Mississauga who is renting a short-term accommodation are the same as the rights of a tenant who is renting a long-term accommodation. These rights are set out in the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 (RTA).
Some of the key rights of tenants in Mississauga include:
- The right to quiet enjoyment of the rental unit. This means that the tenant has the right to live in the rental unit without interference from the landlord or other tenants.
- The right to reasonable notice before the landlord can terminate the tenancy. The amount of notice required depends on the length of the tenancy.
- The right to make minor repairs to the rental unit. The tenant is responsible for repairs that are caused by their own negligence or misuse of the rental unit.
- The right to be compensated for the landlord’s failure to provide essential services, such as heat, water, and electricity.
- If you are a tenant in Mississauga who is renting a short-term accommodation, you should be aware of your rights under the RTA. If you believe that your landlord has violated your rights, you should contact the Landlord and Tenant Board for assistance.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind as a tenant in Mississauga who is renting a short-term accommodation:
- The landlord must have a business licence to operate a short-term accommodation.
- The landlord must provide you with a copy of the RTA and the short-term accommodation by-law.
- The landlord must give you 24 hours’ notice before entering the rental unit.
- You are not allowed to sublet the rental unit without the landlord’s permission.
Tips for Finding a Short Term Rental Mississauga
Here are some tips for finding a short-term accommodation in Mississauga for international students:
- Start planning early. The best short-term accommodations tend to book up quickly, so it’s important to start planning early.
- Be clear about your needs. What is your budget? How many people will be staying with you? What amenities are important to you?
- Do your research. There are a number of websites and apps that can help you find short-term accommodation in Mississauga.
- Read reviews. Once you’ve found a few properties that you’re interested in, read the reviews to get an idea of what other guests have experienced.
- Communicate with the landlord or property manager. Once you’ve found a property that you’re interested in, be sure to communicate with the landlord or property manager to answer any questions you have and to make sure that the property is a good fit for you.
- Be prepared to act quickly. If you find a property that you like, be prepared to act quickly. The best properties tend to go quickly.
Here are some additional tips that are specific to international students:
- Check with your school. Some schools have arrangements with local landlords or property managers to provide short-term accommodation for international students.
- Look for shared accommodation. This can be a more affordable option for international students.
- Consider renting a room in a homestay. This can be a great way to experience Canadian culture and make friends.
- Be aware of the cost of living in Mississauga. The cost of living in Mississauga can be higher than in some other parts of Canada.
- Get familiar with the public transportation system. Getting familiar with transportation can help you get around Mississauga without having to rent a car.
Some Additional Things to Keep in Mind as a Tenant in Mississauga
Here are some additional things to keep in mind as a tenant in Mississauga who is renting a short-term accommodation:
- Read the rental agreement carefully. Make sure you understand all of the terms and conditions of short term rentals Mississauga, including the rent, the security deposit, and the rules and regulations of the property.
- Take pictures of the rental unit before you move in. This will help you document the condition of the unit in case there are any disputes later on.
- Pay the rent on time. This will help you avoid late fees and eviction.
- Be respectful of the property and the neighbors. This will help you have a positive experience as a tenant.
- Be aware of the noise restrictions in the area. Some neighborhoods have quiet hours, so be sure to be mindful of the noise you make.
- Know your rights as a tenant. The RTA protects tenants in a number of ways, so be sure to familiarize yourself with your rights.
Here are some additional things that are specific to short-term rentals in Mississauga:
- The landlord must have a business license to operate a short-term accommodation. You can check if the landlord has a valid license by contacting the City of Mississauga.
- The landlord must provide you with a copy of the RTA and the short-term accommodation by-law. These documents will outline your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
- The landlord must give you 24 hours’ notice before entering the rental unit. This is to give you time to prepare for their arrival.
- You are not allowed to sublet the rental unit without the landlord’s permission. This is to ensure that the landlord can control who is living in the unit.
Frequently Asked Questions about Short Term Rentals in Mississauga
Here are answers to common queries about short term rentals in Mississauga:
Q. What are the different types of short term rentals available in Mississauga?
A. Mississauga offers a variety of short term rental options, including vacation homes, condos, Airbnbs, real estate agents’ offerings, student housing/sublets, and co-living spaces.
Q. Where can I find short term rentals in Mississauga?
A. Several providers offer short term rental accommodations in Mississauga. Notable providers include LooneyTooney, City Gate Suites, DelSuites, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, and Pathway Suites.
Q. What is the average monthly rent for short term accommodations in Mississauga?
A. The average cost of short term rentals in Mississauga varies by the type of unit. It can range from approximately $120 per night for a hostel/dwelling room to $400 per night for a 6-bedroom apartment.
Q. What are the tips for finding a suitable short term rental in Mississauga?
A. To find the right short term rental in Mississauga, start early, be clear about your needs, research thoroughly, read reviews, communicate with landlords, and explore shared accommodations or homestay options.
Whether you’re a newcomer to the Canadian cities or a long-time resident seeking a change of scenery, renting an apartment in Mississauga can be an exciting and rewarding experience. To sum it up, short term rentals Mississauga can be a great option for people who are looking for a flexible and affordable accommodation option in Mississauga. There are a number of different ways to find short term rentals Mississauga, and the best way for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.